For More Information
- Developing a Total Peak Period Travel Time Performance Measure: An Updated Concept Paper (May 2013)
This paper describes a recent addition to the set of mobility performance measures included in the Urban Mobility Report.
- Incorporating Sustainability Factors Into The Urban Mobility Report: A Draft Concept Paper (August 2010)
This paper presents some measure enhancements that can be accomplished with generally available data and may persuade some to adopt congestion metrics as one important element of the performance management process.
- Mobility Analysis in Long-Range Transportation Planning – An Important Item on the Mobility Checklist (April 2009)
A description of the process for increasing the amount of information about congestion levels that will result from future transportation and land use scenarios.
- Six Congestion Reduction Strategies and Their Effects on Mobility (2008)
Description of the method used to accommodate the effect of several mobility improvement strategies in the Urban Mobility Report.
- Keys to Estimating Mobility in Urban Areas (May 2005)
White paper prepared for the Urban Transportation Performance Measure Study that details mobility measures and how to develop and apply mobility information. A spreadsheet is included that contains applications of many of the measures.
- Data Processing Steps in Mobility Monitoring Program
A short summary of the procedures used for data quality control and database creation.
- Guidelines for Developing ITS Data Archiving Systems (September 2001)
- Lessons Learned: Monitoring Highway Congestion and Reliability Using Archived Traffic Detector Data (October 2004)
This report describes lessons learned from four years of the Mobility Monitoring Program.
- Measuring the Distribution and Costs of Congestion (June 2003)
Presentation in Washington, D.C.
Traffic Congestion: Issues and Options Conference
- Selecting Travel Reliability Measures (May 2003)
Performance measures for reliability from a user perspective.
- Travel Time Data Collection Handbook (March 1998)
Methods to collect travel time and speed information.
- Incorporating Access Management into the Texas Transportation Institute’s Urban Mobility Report (January 2005)
A paper discussing how the effects of access management have been incorporated into the Urban Mobility Report.
- Implementing Statewide Operations Performance Measures in Oregon
Paper describing the development and implementation of statewide operations performance measures using HERS-ST and archived real-time data using procedures from the Urban Mobility Report.
- Documentation of the Value of Time used in the Urban Mobility Report
- Cost Per Hour and Value of Time Calculations for Passenger Vehicles and Commercial Trucks for Use in the Urban Mobility Study – Technical Memorandum (May 2008)
- The Value of Travel Time: New Elements Developed Using a Speed Choice Model
Transportation Research Record 1116
by McFarland and Chui
- SHRP2 Report S2-L03-RR-1: Analytical Procedures for Determining the Impacts of Reliability Mitigation Strategies (2013)
- NCHRP Report 618: Cost-Effective Performance Measures for Travel Time Delay, Variation, and Reliability (2008)
- NCHRP Guide to Effective Freeway Performance Management: Final Report and Guidebook
- Selected UMR Methodology Improvement Projects and Collaborations (March 2013)
- Selected UMR Reports, Papers and Presentations (March 2013)