In addition to using the data visualization map, you may also access the data and related trends in the forms below.
The Excel spreadsheet (1.4MB) contains the base statistics for the 101 urban areas from 1982 to 2020. The spreadsheet also includes individual 2017 to 2020 congestion statistics for 393 other urban areas.
National Congestion Levels and Trends
These national congestion tables provide comparison measurements for all 101 cities included in the study. You may view them individually, using the links listed below, or as a set (all national congestion tables).
- Table 1. What Congestion Means to You
- Table 2. Annual Extra Travel Time for Each Urban Area and Auto Commuter
- Table 3. Extra Travel Time and Vehicle Travel, 2019 and 2020
- Table 4. Excess Fuel Consumption Due to Congestion
- Table 5. Annual Congestion Cost
- Table 6. Excess Truck Travel Time and Congestion Cost
- Table 7. Travel Time Index and Commuter Stress Index
- Table 8. Excess Travel Time and Congestion Cost per 2019 Auto Commuter
- Table 9. Urban Area Excess Travel Time and Congestion Cost
Tables by Population Groups
- All 494 Urban Areas – Average
- All 494 Urban Areas – Sum
- All 101 Urban Areas – Average
- All 101 Urban Areas – Sum
- Very Large Urban Areas – Average
- Very Large Urban Areas – Sum
- Large Urban Areas – Average
- Large Urban Areas – Sum
- Medium Urban Areas – Average
- Medium Urban Areas – Sum
- Small Urban Areas – Average
- Small Urban Areas – Sum
Urban Areas in the Study
Quickly access and download a PDF version of the city data table for each of the 101 urban areas in the study.